»

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Going Batty in the Bat Cave!




We go batty at our school keeping an eye out for real bats that like to sneak in.  I enjoy going batty in Kindergarten, because the students love the BAT CAVE!  I create the cave using black garbage bags and taping them together.  I hang the blanket of bags by using a numerous amount of clothespins attached to fishing line that hang from the ceiling.  I add streams to the side to give the cave a spooktacular look!  The students love to read about nocturnal animals and create bats to hang in the cave that go with stories we read.  I hang our KWL chart and our labeled bat in the cave as well.  The students can also match magnetic uppercase and lowercase bats.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog brightens my day… so I have given you the Sunshine Award! Click the link to check it out and to nominate some other blogs!
    Cora

    http://firstgradeexploration.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete