»

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Technology Integration...Oh my!!!

Teaching in the 21st Century is a blast for so many reasons!  I love learning about new and innovative ways to integrate technology to educate my students!  One of the oldest ways that I have been making videos in my classroom has been using an i-Pod Touch and a Pico Pocket Projector.  It is a quick and easy way to show instant movies.  It is also fun to project the movies on the ceiling and have everyone enjoy the video lying down.  Movies I have done in the past include reader's theatre,  sight word play-doh, number mats with tens frame, flannel board stories, and human tooth brushing demonstration.   

In this photo, the video is being projected on to the easel.
This is the projector that is connected to the i-pod touch.
It is small and very portable. 











I am finally in a wonderful school district where there are many devices to help integrate technology.  (The reason I have not had time to blog!!)  I am looking forward to learning more ways to utilize all the technology resources I have and share them!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I love that idea! I need to get myself one of those. I have 8 ipods in my classroom and I'm thinking that I could have my students take pictures and create videos then project it themselves... That would be so awesome! Maybe my next DonorsChoose project???
    Thanks for sharing!
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Are the Pico Pocket Projectors expensive?

    ReplyDelete